Location: Bruges (Hybrid)
About this job
At Pareteum, we believe that technology should bring people closer together. That’s why we’re a global leader in Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) solutions, connecting individuals and devices across Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Asia-Pacific regions.
Our innovative platform is designed to deliver a secure, ubiquitous, and highly scalable solution that enables seamless communication through data, voice, video, SMS/text messaging, media, and content. At Pareteum, we’re dedicated to fostering a collaborative, dynamic and inclusive work environment where creativity and innovation thrive. Join us on our mission to empower connections around the world!
We are currently in a period of substantial growth and are looking for an experienced Engineer who is passionate about technology. The successful applicant would be required to attend site for at least 2 days in the Bruges office.
What you’ll do
The key focus of the role will be to design, write and test codes of (web) applications for a telecom platform, based on functional specifications. The role includes but is not limited to:
- Optimize current processes with regards to performance and/or maintainability.
- Contribute to technical documentation.
- Take responsibility for project-based tasks focusing on any specific development stage.
The ideal candidate is a highly resourceful and innovative developer with extensive experience in the layout, design and coding of websites specifically in PHP format. You must also possess a strong knowledge of web application development using PHP programming language and MySQL Server databases. To be considered for the role we require you to have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer programming or related fields
- Mandatory, experience with PHP and advanced experience with web technologies including JS, CSS, HTML 5
- Experience with MVC architecture
- Strong experience with the Laravel Framework
- Experience with MySQL and database programming
- Posesses a good understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO, IoC, event driven, multi-threading)
- Previous experience with RESTful services, WCF (SOAP) and gRPC, is desirable
- Experience working with Git as source version control
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes would be advantageous
- Working experience with C# is desirable
- Strong understanding of quality, security and data protection standards
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to break down the complexity and come-up with creative solutions
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English
Do you want this job, and do you have the required skills and experience?
If you have experience in a similar fast-paced, growing international company like Pareteum and enjoy a challenging role within a fun company with a good team spirit, please click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV.